Updated: March 25, 2022
As the Columbia theatre community reopens and explores the new reality of performing during a pandemic, Trustus Theatre is determined to create the safest way for us to join together at 520 Lady Street.
The following precautions are put in place in accordance with the CDC and SCDHEC for the safety of staff, performers, audience members and volunteers.
If you are not feeling well or have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last two weeks, please call the box office at 803-254-9732 to discuss ticketing options.
GENERAL SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
Any person entering Trustus Theatre or attending any events hosted by Trustus Inc. waives all liability against the owners and staff for any injuries caused by the inherent risk associated with contracting COVID-19 at public gatherings.
- Masks are REQUIRED for entry and during attendance, regardless of vaccination status. Masks can only be removed if actively eating or drinking, and are required when visiting the bar, the box office, and restrooms.
- Trustus Theatre capacity will be reduced and the front row of seats will be closed for most performances.
- Trustus Theatre has installed Global Plasma Solutions air ionization systems on the Main Stage HVAC. Global Plasma Solutions is the first air purification solution to test COVID-19, achieving a 99.4% reduction of the surface strain within 30 minutes. These systems run continuously. LEARN MORE: Global Plasma Solutions
- All performers and crew members are required to be vaccinated to work on a production. Crew members will be masked during the performance.
ENTRY AND WHILE YOU’RE HERE:
- Patrons are encouraged to not loiter in the lobby after the show. If you are the family or friend of an actor or performer, please make plans to convene outside of the theatre and wear your mask (we must keep them healthy).
- Staff, House Managers, and Volunteers will be trained on safety guidelines and enforcement, and patrons are asked to be respectful and comply with any requests made by Trustus staff or volunteers.
- We ask that patrons arrive early so that common areas do not become overcrowded. Please be aware that you may be asked to wait outside while other guests are seated.
- Hand sanitizer stations can be found at several locations in the theatre, bar, and restrooms for patrons to use.
- Seats are assigned and guests are asked to stay in their seats. It is important for Trustus Staff to know the exact location of all patrons and keep an accurate seating chart.
- Front of House Staff will open both front doors of the theatre, the back exit and the stage door to offer patrons multiple exits at the end of the show.