Technical Director at TRUSTUS THEATRE (Columbia, SC)
The Technical Director leads a team of designers, technicians and craftspeople to bring ideas into reality. The Technical Director has the daily responsibility for the technical operations of the theatre, including scenic construction, theatrical lighting, theatrical sound, projections, performing facility maintenance, and coordinating contractors for other necessary facility maintenance. The Technical Director works with and oversees the Assistant Technical Director, volunteers, overhire employees, designers, and contractors who perform technical operations and design implementation. The Technical Director works with a great deal of independence and exercises independent judgment in performing a wide variety of duties.
Trustus Theatre Mission:
Trustus Theatre is the home for relevant, innovative, and inclusive theatrical works.
Classification Level: Full Time
Salary and Benefits: $38,000-$41,000, salary commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: November 15 or until position is filled
Start Date: ASAP
Please send a letter of interest and a current resume to:
Via e-mail : [email protected]
Attn: Jessica Fichter
520 Lady St
Columbia, SC 29201
Overhire Carpenters at TRUSTUS THEATRE (Columbia, SC)
Overhire Carpenters are project-based team members responsible for the assembly, modification, maintenance, and disassembly/disposal of scenic elements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Works to support the director and set designers vision for each show
– Reads and interprets shop drawings
– Fabricates and installs high quality scenic elements
– Other related duties as assigned
– Experience safely working with power and hand tools that are used to load in and strike theatrical scenery.
– Experience with theatrical rigging or willingness to learn about rigging systems and components.
– Willingness to learn theatrical terminology for ease of onsite communication.
– Ability to take direction and work with others as a cohesive team.
– Ability to communicate and collaborate with people that are mixed across lines of differences such as race, gender-identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class, and immigrant status.
– Ability to frequently lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 50lbs.
– Ability to regularly stand, stoop, bend, kneel, reach and climb in various positions to perform tasks.
– Ability to climb ladders and work in high places.
– Valid driver’s license.
Classification Level: Contract basis
Salary: $17/hour, commiserate with experience
Application Deadline: Ongoing, as needed
Start Date: ASAP
Trustus Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer