AUDITIONS FOR The Prom
MUSIC BY MATTHEW SKLAR
LYRICS BY CHAD BEGUELIN
BOOK BY BOB MARTIN AND CHAD BEGUELIN
DIRECTED BY DEWEY SCOTT-WILEY
June 14 – July 13, 2024
Four fading Broadway stars are in desperate need of a new stage. So when they hear that trouble is brewing around a small-town Indiana prom—and the press is involved—they know that it’s time to put a spotlight on the issue…and themselves.
- BARRY GLICKMAN: (Male Identifying, 30-59, All Ethnicities) A proudly gay Broadway star. Completely politically incorrect and doesn’t know it. Impulsive and loves to make a scene everywhere he goes. Strong singer. Big, Broadway belter; high baritone/low tenor; principal.
- DEE DEE ALLEN: (Female Identifying, 30-59, All Ethnicities) A current Broadway diva. A huge ego to match her huge talent. No filter. Hilariously self-involved, but yearns to do something good for someone other than herself. Strong Singer. Big, Broadway belter; alto; principal.
- TRENT OLIVER: (Male Identifying, 30-59, All Ethnicities) A pretentious Broadway star who is probably better known for TV infomercials. Loves the sound of his own voice. Strong singer, pop and legit; baritone; principal
- EMMA: (Female Presenting, 16+, All Ethnicities) To play a high school senior. Mix/belt up to a C#. Forced into the spotlight because she asked her girlfriend to the prom. A reluctant poster child for gay / lesbian youth. Very smart. A bit of a tomboy quality. Sweet pop voice. Strong singer; principal.
- ALYSSA: (Female Presenting,16+, All Ethnicities) To play a high school senior, Mix/belt up to a D. Tries desperately to fit in. A cheerleader. Secretly Emma’s girlfriend, but afraid to come out. Afraid to stand up to her mother. Pop voice. Strong singer; principal.
- MR. HAWKINS: (Male Identifying, 30-59, All Ethnicities) A small town principal. Easily flustered. Straight-laced. A Broadway enthusiast. Good singer; high baritone; principal.
- ANGIE: (Female Presenting, 30-59, All Ethnicities) An ensemble member in the Broadway production of “Chicago”. Jaded Fosse girl with a heart of gold. Strong Singer; alto with a belt; principal.
- MRS. GREENE: (Female Presenting – 30-49 – All Ethnicities) Alyssa’s Mother and the school board president. Very strong, controlling and intimidating. Loves her daughter very much but has a very specific view of what is “right” and “wrong” for her daughter and the school. Strong Singer; alto; principal.
- SHELDON SAPERSTEIN: (Male Presenting – 30-49 – All Ethnicities) A charismatic press agent. Traditional musical theatre sound; baritone; principal.
- ENSEMBLE: (All Gender Identities, 18-35, All Ethnicities) Seeking charismatic singer/dancers to play a variety of roles including: Olivia Keating, Opening Night Party Attendees, Reporters, High School Students, PTA Members, Motel Clerk, Cast of the Non-Equity Tour of Godspell, Monster Truck Rally Audience, Mrs. Greene’s Friend, LGBT Students. Strong singer/dancers.
Questions? Email [email protected]