AUDITIONS FOR Stupid F##king Bird
KINDA BASED ON THE SEAGULL BY ANTON CHEKOV BY AARON POSNER
DIRECTED BY JESSICA FRANCIS FICHTER
February 9 – February 24, 2024
An aspiring young director rampages against the art created by his mother’s generation. A nubile young actress wrestles with an aging Hollywood star for the affections of a renowned novelist. And everyone discovers just how disappointing love, art, and growing up can be. An irreverent, contemporary, and very funny remix of Chekhov’s The Seagull.
- Con (based on Konstantin Gavrilovich Treplev) – The protagonist, a fiery young playwright. Cynical and passionate. Utterly in love with Nina.
- Nina (based on Nina Mikhailovna Zarechnaya) – Con’s love interest. Wants to become a famous actress. Wide-eyed, passionate, and a bit flighty.
- Emma (based on Irina Nikolayevna Arkadina) – Con’s mother. A famous actress always in performance mode. Jaded, jealous, and overbearing. This role has been cast.
- Trig (based on Boris Alexeyevich Trigorin) – Emma’s lover and a literary genius. Narcissistic, selfish, hedonistic, and famous novelist.
- Dev (based on Semyon Semyonovich Medvedenko) – Con’s childhood best friend. In love with Mash. Goofy but observant with a deeply kind heart.
- Mash (based on Masha) – Emma’s house worker. A musician in love with Conrad. Strong and moody. Hates the world and most of the people in it. This role has been cast.
- Sorn (based on Sorin and Dorn) – Emma’s older brother. A doctor who goes about his daily life, encouraging others, but is discontent with the greater meaning of it all. Kind, but contemplative.
Questions? Email [email protected]